Printable Membership Form
We have provided our Membership form in PDF Format so that you can easily display, print and FAX it to us. PDF files are the standard for downloading or accessing printable forms...and your computer should have Adobe Acrobat Reader already installed on it. Once you print and fill it out, you may FAX it to: (828) 265-1558.
- Member listing on NCCTA website and access to your own editable web page
- Listing in the annual Buy/Sell Guide and/or Choose & Cut booklet. We distribute both publications at trade shows (including the 12-day Southern Christmas Show in Charlotte). Complete text of both publications also appears on the NCCTA website.
- National branding of "North Carolina Fraser Fir - the Perfect Christmas Tree."
- Reduced rates for our semi-annual meetings and trade shows.
- Retail lot listings and locations on NCCTA website
- Quarterly issues of Limbs & Needles Magazine.
- Attention to relevant legislative issues.
- National media advertising and advertising on consumer and retailer websites.
- Listing of Current Inventory in September, October, and November. This is posted on the NCCTA website and faxed upon request.
- NCCTA endorsed health insurance.
- Discounted insurance plans through Auto Owner’s Insurance
- And much more.
Why Join the Association?
There are numerous reasons to become a member of the North Carolina Christmas Tree Association. You can Join the NCCTA by using our printable application and Fax it to us. If you would like more information about joining or about the NCCTA, please feel free to contact us, but please read the information below before applying.
The purpose of the association is to develop and extend interest in the production and marketing of quality Christmas trees in North Carolina. Through group action, the association seeks to promote better market opportunities, better cultural practices, research, favorable legislation and exchange of ideas among its membership. The membership includes growers and producers of Christmas trees and related products in North Carolina or adjoining areas, persons or firms supplying equipment, supplies or planting stock, Christmas tree buyers and others interested in affiliating with the association.
The basic membership fee listed on the application by category applies to all members. In addition, growers who raise Fraser Fir in North Carolina and adjacent Virginia and Tennessee Counties pay a minimum of $.05 per tree sold during the most recent season or $5.00 per acre of Fraser fir if not yet selling trees. These funds are allocated to the association's Fraser Fir Promotional Committee for special and separate use.
Membership is for one year beginning January 1 and may not be prorated. Fraser fir growers will pay the grower fee and tree assessment even though they may also fit other categories. In all other cases, those who fit more than one category should apply as an "Allied Business." Those who raise trees in and out of North Carolina should apply as an in-state grower.
The North Carolina Christmas Tree Association members voted in 1995 to participate in the National Christmas Tree Association Tree Industry Partnership (T.I.P.). Each member contributes $20.00 (the price of one tree) for promotion of real trees on a National basis. T.I.P. contributions are also used to fund Federal lobbying efforts regarding Christmas tree legislative issues. Members of a T.I.P. participating Association are given special privileges for National meetings and listings on the National website.
In order for any member to be listed in the annual Buy/Sell Guide or the Choose & Cut Memories Book a minimum Fraser fir assessment of $50.00 is required. Please remember that the contribution does not automatically result in listing.